The Endocrine services at TUTH were started under the Department of Medicine from the day of its establishment. After decades of successful services, Endocrine Unit was established in Poush 28th 2067. The Out-patient Clinics in Endocrinology provides services to nearly 200 patients on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays.
- Endocrine OPD and Inpatient care
- Academic activities-lectures/bedside teaching
Undergraduate level- MBBS, BDS
Postgraduate level- MD
- Research/ Thesis related Activities
Undergraduate level- BMLT/B Pharma
Post graduate level– MD
- Regular CME and awareness program
Endocrine OPD -Monday (AM), Tuesday (PM), Friday (AM)
- Conduct Sub-specialty course in Endocrinology-Fellowship/ DM in Endocrinology
- Provide separate specialized OPD services like Pituitary Clinic, Growth and puberty disorder clinic, diabesity clinic.
- Conduct community-oriented Awareness and research activities
- Sayami M, Tamrakar J. Needle Sticks Injuries among Health Care Professionals in Tertiary Hospital. JIOM.2013; 35:3.
- Bhandari S, Sayami JT, Sayami M, Kandel BP, Banjara MR.General Health Status of Women of Reproductive Age in Nepal. J Nepal Health Res Counc 2014 Jan;12(26):8-13
- Sayami M, Bhandari S,Tamrakar J, Banjara MR. Maternal health seeking behaviour among pregnant women in Nepal. JIOM.2014 Aug ; 36:2.
- Bhandari S, Sayami JT,Thapa P, Sayami M, Kandel BP, Banjara MR.Dietary intake patterns and nutritional status of women of reproductive age in Nepal:findings from a health survey. Arch Public Health.2016
- Shrestha R, Sharma S, Khadga P, Sayami M, Chitrakar U, Dhungana GP.Post exposure prophylaxis for occupational and non occupational exposure to HIV in a tertiary care hospital in central Nepal. Journal of Advances in Internal Medicine. 2018; 7(2), 34-37.
- Shrestha PK, Basukala P, Yadav BK, Baral S, Sayami M. Better approach to type 2 diabetes mellitus. Journal of diabetic complications and medicine.2018; 3:2. Sayami M, Baral S, Shrestha R, Karki DB. Prevalence of chronic cor pulmonale in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients in a teaching hospital in Nepal. JIOM.2019;41(1),15-19.
- Kharel S, Ojha R, Parajuli N, Bhattarai S, Parajulee G, Karn R, Gajurel BP, Rajbhandari R, Gautam N, Shrestha A. Thyrotoxic periodic paralysis in a patient with Graves' disease: A case report. Ann Med Surg (Lond). 2022 Aug19;81:104447doi:10.1016/j.amsu.2022.104447. PMID: 36147095; PMCID: PMC9486651.
- Yadav SK, Ojha R, Parajuli N, et al. Occurrence of osmotic demyelination syndrome in diabetes mellitus:A case report and literature review of various etiologies for osmotic demyelination syndrome. SAGE Open Medical Case Reports. 2022 ;10:2050313X221135595. DOI: 10.1177/2050313x221135595. PMID: 36337162;
- Parajuli, Naresh & Jahan, Sharmin & Hasanat, Muhammad. (2018). Relationship between variants of menstrual disturbance and insulin resistance in patients with polycystic ovary syndrome in Bangladesh. Journal of Clinical and Molecular Endocrinology. 03. 10.21767/2572-5432-C1-002.
4. Panta OB, Bhattarai D, Parajuli N. Medical Abortion Versus Manual Vacuum Aspiration in a Hilly District Hospital of Eastern Nepal: A Comparative study. Kathmandu Univ Med J 2013; 43(3):206-209